Friday, December 17, 2010

French Wingback Chair Reveal

Okay let's be honest here. The real title of this post should be Blood Sweat and Tears. That's right. This project was tough. I would love to say that it was a piece of cake and I whipped it out in a few days like some of the amazing reupholstery divas out there but that was so not the case for me. I have been working on this little bits at a time since July(ish). I got distracted of course with other projects in between but towards the end when I was really dedicating my free time to it, it still took a lot of time and a lot of work. Fortunately I found a phenomenal blog that gave the best tutorial for reupholstering. Amy at Design Intervention provided all the answers to the things I was stumped on through her tutorials. Check her tutorial out here if you are feeling brave enough to tackle your own reupholstery project.

I will post detailed pics and instructions of my own on how this baby came about at a later day. For now, I was just too excited to put up pictures since I literally just finished sewing the last corner of the seat cushion.


Let me quickly remind you what this cutie pie looked like when we first found him in our before/after shot:



Now, she is far too beautiful to be a him, so here she is:





Please ignore the saggy seat cushion- the foam is worn and uneven so I plan on putting in a fresh and plump new piece soon which will fill that baby right back up. I am also making a little pillow out of the same fabric, but love the little bling pillow there for now. Also, the ottoman will be coming soon. I was too antsy to see the finished product so I sort of abandoned the ottoman once the fabric was stripped. She's still naked in my basement but I promise it will get done!

My goal was to have this little baby done before Christmas. I'm feeling pretty spoiled to have her. Merry Christmas to me!

I'm linking up to:
Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

  1. beautiful! I am sure I could never do that. You are amazing. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um That's AMAZING!!!! I will agree with Ali. I could never do that!! Can you help me design my house one day when I have one?? LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous chair re-do. I love the fabric but I bet it was hard to work with.
    I have an upholstery project waiting in the wings I need to get enough courage to start.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Alisha I would love to help you one day! You just keep helping me with choreography (as we laugh our heads off) and we'll call it even.

    Traci, the fabric's print definitely made it more challenging (and expensive- had to buy about 2.5x more fabric to make the prints line up) but it turned out exactly how I wanted it. I would love to see your project once you've started it. You can do it! I would recommend starting off with a more basic project so you don't get too overwhelmed. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never in a million years tackle a project like that. Your chair turned out fabulous. I love the fabric you chose. Really nice job!! Gonna do another one soon ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome! I could only dream of making something this beautiful!

    I would love to have you come and link up to Fantastic Friday at http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

    thanks, and way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!