Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pork 'n Beans

No no, this post is not a recipe for pork 'n beans. It's about pork, AND beans. Lima beans that is. And don't worry, no Lima beans went into the pork recipe.


I made a delicious and super easy dinner last night. BBQ Boneless Pork Ribs in the slow cooker. With a few extra ingredients added to the BBQ Sauce, these babies were scrumptious and full of flavor.




Boneless BBQ Pork Ribs

4 large boneless pork ribs
Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
1/2 bottle original flavor BBQ sauce
1 medium yellow onion, sliced into 1/4" rings
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 can diced green chilies





Lay ribs out on a foil lined cookie sheet. Season well with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes on the other side.



Place ribs in crock pot with all remaining ingredients.



Cook on low for 6 hours. Some slow cookers cook faster than others, so check your pot after 4 hours to make sure that the sauce hasn't all dried out.

We served our ribs over salted baked potatoes. Yum-O!


Now for the Lima Beans. I have been wanting to make my Lima Bean Wreath that I saw on All Things Thrifty for months now, and finally made myself stop everything and do it yesterday. Aside from a few glue gun burns it was easy and painless. You can view the full tutorial HERE.



I need to pick up some cute Christmas ribbon tomorrow, and put this baby out. I have an idea for a trio but not sure if I have the time this week so it may just have to fly solo until Penny Wenny has time for more gluing.


Can't wait for Christmas...


On a side note, my little Trav loves to hide inside drawers lately. What a goof! I sure love him.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!