Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rookie Needs Help! "Pease" and "Juh- Joo"

Oh my gosh.  Just when I think I'm starting to get the hang of this blogging business, I realize what an idiot I am and how much I still don't know! I am kind of embarrassed to divulge my stupid moments with you but I know you are all so much smarter than me and can help me catch up on the tech issues... I swear I used to "get" technology but must have lost it back in college somewhere.  If you find where I left it, could you please drop it off on my front porch?  MMMkay, thanks.

So, I decided to log into my blog email account (LittleMissPennyWenny[@]gmail.com) to send my winner an email, and I discover unread emails from 3 months back.  Uh, hello.  I thought I had set up my blog email address so that everything would automatically forward to my personal email address but apparently I thought wrong.  I am so sorry to all of the kind emails and inquiries that I have not responded to!  I will do my best to catch up on those tonight.  That issue I think I can figure out.  If not, you better believe I will be back to ask how from you smarty pants readers.

Here's the real moment of stupidity.  I have oodles of responses to comments I have left on other blogs, written as emails, and I have no idea how that works!  I always thought that if you had a question or comment to leave that it just had to be done in the comment section.  Obviously not!  So how on earth do I send responses this way?  Does everyone do this by just replying to their emails that were sent from a comment being left?  I don't see how you can do it from blogger directly.  I spent quite some time researching how to respond to comments in blogger and read that you have to download different programs (one mentioned disqus) or change your html to allow you to respond.  I did that, but it still doesn't allow you to respond directly to that person's comment.  Help!!!

P.S.  I have a week off of teaching for our county's spring break, and my sweet mom let us spend the last few days at her condo in Park City.  My sweet little Trav was in HEAVEN playing with some of his big cousins and enjoying his first experience as a real big kid playing in a pool, or "baf" (bath) as he calls it.





He has also been such a polite little man using his "Pease" and "Juh- joo" for everything.  Here he is thanking grandma for his treat from the Rocky Mountain Factory.


Juh-joo everyone!  I need all the help I can get...

7 comments:

  1. I don't know any of the gmail stuff. I have all of my comments forward to my regular old yahoo email. I respond from my regular email account. (Geez. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh he's so STINKING CUTE! Ah I need to see you guys again soon! ANd holy cow woman your arms are looking SO HOT! DANG! You look good! :)

    Sorry I'm a pathetic blogger so no help there.

    Love you always though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad about not realizing these things...I learn something new every day! The emails are a little tricky. When you reply to a comment in an email first look at the send box before you write anything. If it says something like "no reply blogspot" it means the blogger hasn't hooked their email to their blog. I think those emails go to some trash can somewhere. If there is a real email in the send box then you are OK. I can't tell you how many nice comments I have written only to find out they went to blog neverland.

    I had disqus installed on my blog by my blog designer. It was her idea and she highly recommended it. I tried to install the reply buttons on my comment page but ended up with my HTML out of whack. She had to fix it for me. I got the buttons on my comment page but they didn't work. I haven't used disqus for very long but I think I'm going to really like it.
    If you have any other questions I can try to help...I know some stuff but certainly not everything! Happy Easter...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot one thing...if you get a no reply comment try clicking on the blogger's name at the beginning of the email. It's a link to their profile page. You can get to their blog from a link on the profile page (usually towards the bottom) and leave a comment that way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vivienne @ the V Spot Thanks Viv, I am beginning to realize that this is simply how it's done. To send individualized responses, I just have to reply to my email that was forwarded via blogger for each comment. DOY! I don't know why I always seem to make things so much more complex than they really are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alisha Oh girl, you are too funny... We miss you! TRav needs to see his aunt lish. Arms are probably the only thing with any definition right now and definitely not due to dilligence or dedication- just lugging around my "off the charts" toddler. OY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ann from On Sutton Place Thanks so much for the tips and insight! I guess I was just hoping there was an easy way to individually reply to each comment via blogger rather than emailing them all, but it really is pretty quick if I just do it from the inidividual email once I receive the comment. I have also tried that before to click on the person's individual profile and search for their email but MAN that is a lot of time! You must be a nicer comment responder than I am :) I promise I will work on it though! Glad to hear you have been using disqus and like it. I think I am going to download it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!