Monday, May 2, 2011

Crazy Weekend of Chaos

Hello my friends!  I feel like it has been ages since I have been here.  I suppose a week isn't so long, but this week has felt like a month for me.  I'm sorry I haven't had a moment to post anything exciting with you (though I do have a lot of projects and tutorials in the works that simply need to be typed).


My dancers attended their first team competition this weekend and did so well!  We had a few rehearsals this week, along with my normally scheduled classes, and then headed out on Friday afternoon for the solo, duo, and trio competitions Friday evening.  For those of you who do the "competition scene", you can imagine where I was all weekend.  For those of you who haven't been through the torture fortunate enough to attend such events, picture the movie "Bring it on" times ten.  It's wild.  I love watching my darling girls perform and I love watching some of the really talented dancers and pieces of choreography that are showcased, but I don't love the crowds of people in every single crack of the building, the blaring speakers all day long, the stress and anxiety of waiting to perform, the crazed out tiara moms, and the 4 year old girls wearing sports bras and booty shorts doing hip thrust moves and calling it "dance".  Can you tell I needed to vent?


Friday nights events finally finished around midnight, we rushed to our hotel room to attempt to get some shut eye (mission- failed) and then hit the floor early again Saturday morning, finally leaving the venue at about 7 pm.  I was glad to finally be home at 10.

Most importantly, my dancers did SUCH A GREAT JOB! I am so proud of them for all of the dedication, commitment, perseverance and endurance they put in to showcase such great pieces.  They have come a long way and I am so proud of them!  I will post videos soon, but tonight just wanted to share some pictures with you.

My youngest soloist

Beautiful duo girls

Sassy little trio

darling soloist

another darling soloist

Excited about their trophies from Fri night

Team warming up for their first lyrical number
Waiting to walk on for their jazz piece

AMAZING stage makeup by Eye Kandy (taken about 6 hours after application and several performed dances)

Team waiting to hear the scores
What about you?  Did you survive your weekend?

I have some tutorials coming to you this week on how we installed our moulding in the Master Bedroom, and a third installment of the Re-upholstery series, so hang tight you patient peeps!

xoxo

~ Exhausted PW

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you on the "dance" thing. When I was a kid, I took 12 year of tap and ballet and never did we do some of the moves that 3 year olds are doing today. And the revealing costumes... oh my! (Ok, getting off my soapbox now...)
    Anyways, glad you are back. Missed you this week!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!