Sunday, June 26, 2011

Progress on dining room set and Trade, anyone?

I had the best day yesterday.  My sweets took Trav to a local truck show, and left me in peace to work on my projects.

Cotton candy, anyone?
I was amazed at how much I was able to accomplish in those 4 hours alone with a little Diet Coke and Pandora playing on my phone in the background.  I sewed my third pillow for the outdoor bench I mentioned HERE,

I stitched on ties to the back of my Euro sham to give it a more snug fit,

and best of all painted 4 of my dining room chairs on the set I shared with you all way back HERE.

The table is almost completely finished and is absolutely gorgeous.  I actually can't believe myself how beautifully it turned out.  Is it normal to drool over furniture?  I know I do.

Last night, I started working on the first slipcover for one of the chairs, and hope to finish it today.  Here's  a little sneak peak...

I can't wait for this project to be finished!  I love it when I'm on a roll...

Now, on to business matters.  I am quite aware that my blog's front page is far from exciting or eye appealing.  I am also more than willing to admit that I am not very good at the "techy" aspects of blogging.  Can't I just be creative with my hands and some paint or great food ingredients?  That being said, I realize the value of an eye catching website (or blog as the case may be) and easy accessibility to tutorials and other important information.  So, fabulous readers, I am looking for a web designer/ graphic designer to help me spice up my blog.  I would like someone who can help me design a header and logo, a few buttons, and different tabs from the main page.  Since Penny Wenny is not made of moolah however, I would love to work with someone who is interested in a trade.  I can offer furniture refinishing/ updating, reupholstery, or anything along those lines. 

If you are interested or can refer me to anyone who might be, please send me an email to Littlemisspennywenny@gmail.com

Last but not least, I wanted to share a fabulous deal going on through Groupon today to my local Utah readers.  Kwal Paint is offering $30 worth of paint supplies for $15.  This is a fabulous deal!  I stocked up on two, and plan on buying some new Purdy brushes with the coupon.  Go and grab yours today before the deal is up.  And hey, if you use my personal referral link, you'll be adding some $ to my Groupon bank. :)

Thanks friends!  I hope that you all enjoy this beautiful Sunday afternoon.  I will be stitching away to my hearts content.

Xoxo

PW

4 comments:

  1. I know I drool over furniture all the time, so I think it's normal!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs look great...I drool over furniture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady- I am by no means an expert but I can for sure work out a pretty good banner and buttons if you can't find a pro to do it. And I can tell you how to edit your layout yourself through blogger to make it more accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't tried cotton candy yet. I feel like I miss out on part of my childhood.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!