Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Simple Banana Nut Bread

It's been a while since I've posted a recipe for you fine folks.  Here's a super easy and delicious one that Trav and I made the other night to get rid of the scary looking bananas I had taking up space in the freezer.  I know that sounds terribly appetizing, but they work great for banana bread.  Anytime you have bananas that are on the verge of going bad, put them in your freezer whole and save them for a rainy day when you just have to have some yummy banana bread.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 chopped nuts (I use pecans)


Preheat your oven to 350.
Cream crisco and sugar. 


 Add eggs and beat well.  Take a second to kiss your sweet little helper.


 Mash up your bananas with a fork.



Add bananas to mixer along with milk and lemon juice and mix well.
 Add dry ingredients and mix well.


 Stir in chopped nuts.


 Pour into well greased loaf pan,

 and bake at 350 for approx 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.


Your bread will rise significantly while baking.


Allow the pan to cool for a few minutes, then gently lay pan on the side and ease the bread out to cool on a clean rag.  Slice up into thick pieces, and serve with butter or my favorite, cream cheese.

Nummmmmmmy. 


And TOTALLY fat free.  Yep...


Enjoy, my friends!  Thank you so much for your continued support.

XO

~Penny Wenny

2 comments:

  1. @Nutbird

    Nutbird my friend you're cracking me up... it's even more fat free with the cream cheese slathered on top... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom use to make banana bread for me. I loved it so much. I would look forward to her making it every time. I always saved her bananas that got bad because I wanted her to make it for me. Banana bread is great. If you haven't tried it then your missing out.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!