Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thrifty kicks

Most of my readers know that I love me a good bargain.  And by bargain I mean virtually free.  It's kind of a problem actually.  Anytime I consider a purchase, I usually find myself saying no because I could either make it myself, or buy it thrifted from someone who gave it away virtually brand new.  Does anyone have a cure for this???

I've mentioned before that the DI (Deseret Industries) by my house is a goldmine.  I have found some incredible steals there. 

This week, I stumbled upon three pair of shoes for a total of $11.

This sassy little set of Via Spiga pumps caught my eye and reeled me in with it's hefty price tag of $5. 

 I'm pretty sure these shoes have never been worn. The soles are untouched.

 I also scored on these darling little baby cowboy boots.  They are leather, and in amazing condition.

A whopping $3.  I'm saving these for Travis' little sister (please be a girl, please be a girl...)


Travis didn't go home empty handed either.  We found these leather cowboy boots in his size.


Once again, a whole $3 splurge.

He had fun running around in them playing cowboy with his best bud today.  Yes, we sometimes stay in our jammies all day.  Don't judge.

If you think you just don't have any luck when you thrift, think again.  I visit my DI on average at least once a week and I certainly don't find something every time.  I have a quick run in/ run out system down where I browse the furniture and shoes in about 5 minutes, and every once in a while I'll take the time to look through the kids clothing and home decor/plates/linens/ etc.

One of my favorite finds to this day is this pair of mustard brown leather boots that I walked out with for $6.

Are you ready to run out to your local DI/ thrift store?

~PW

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, unfortunately the thrift stores where I live carry mostly junk and I seldom, if ever, find anything that is a prize. Lucky you - sounds like you have lots of luck in that department. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!